Krishnastami is around the corner and lord krishna loves poha and mostly hindu families prefer to make recipes with poha during krishnastami , so I made this poha kesari which in telugu called as atukula kesari ..poha is a rich source in iron,calcium and vitamin B which is essential in building healthy bones . This sweet is quite easy to prepare and within ten minutes we can prepare this sweet.
Poha / rice flakes : 1 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
ghee : 2 tbsp
cashews : 1 tbsp
raisins : 1 tbsp
- Roast poha in a wide pan until light brown in colour .
- Blend into a fine powder and keep aside.
- Meanwhile heat a pan and add ghee and roast cashews and raisins until golden brown in colour.
- Add 2 cups of water in a pan and water gets boiled add blended poha mixture and stir continuously until no lumps are formed.
- Add sugar and keep stirring and add ghee and stir well.
- Ghee separates from the sides of pan then add pinch of food colour and stir well.
7,Finally add roasted cashews and raisins and switch off the flame.
459 total views, 3 views today