Chekkalu a deep fried savoury item which can be you relish with either with your chai time or as a evening snack but it is mostly made during krishna astami …Krishna astami is nearby so I made this snack to offer lord Krishna . This snack made with rice flour and chana dal .
I made this with homemade rice flour but you can make it with store brought also. But roast the rice flour slightly so that snacks comes more crispier and tastier.
rice flour : 1 cup
chana dal : 1 tbsp
red chilli powder : 1 tsp
cumin seeds : 1 tsp
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
- Soak chana dal in bowl for one hour.
- Add rice flour,salt,red chilli powder,cumin seeds and add soaked chana dal .
- Add water slowly and make into a smooth dough .
- Take a parchment paper and take a small portion of dough and make a thin flat disc and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop these into hot oil and fry until light golden brown in colour. serve this snack with a cup of tea .
471 total views, 2 views today