Modak is a traditional dish made during Vinayaka chavithi/Ganesh Chaturthi and every hindu house holds make this traditionla dish and we can make this modak in different types like steamed modak,baked modak,fried modak,kesar modak,chocolate modak,dry fruits modak and this time I made this chocolate modak for lord ganesha and I made this with mawa you can also make with chena also but i tried my modak with khoya .
Mawa / khoya : 1 cup
sugar : 1/2 cup
milk : 1 tbsp
cocoa powder : 2 tbsp
coconut : 2 tbsp
- Take mawa,milk, sugar in a blender and blend into fine to make it into soft.
- In a heavy bottom pan add this mixture and cook it into on low flame .
- First it will melt and then it will start becoming thick ,now remove from flame and add cocoa powder and coconut and mix it nicely.
- Grease the modak mould with ghee.
- Now fill this mixture inside the mold and press it nicely using fingers and demould and chocolate modak is ready.
1,743 total views, 3 views today