- Unsalted butter – 350 gms, softened
- Icing sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- All purpose flour – 3 cups
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Orange zest – grated from 1 whole orange
- Fresh orange juice – 1/4 cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Tutti Fruiti – 100 gms
- Cashews – 1 cup, broken into small pieces
- Any other nuts/dried fruits of your choice – 1 cup ( Optional – I did not add]Method:
1. Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, zest of orange in a big bowl.
2. Add tutti fruiti and chopped cashew and mix well using your hands until the flour mixture coats the tutti fruiti well. Keep aside.
3. Add butter into the bowl of your electric beater and beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
4. Add icing sugar to the butter.
5. Beat on medium high speed for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes creamy, light and fluffy.
6. Add pure vanilla extract and orange juice into the mixture and beat for about a minute on medium speed just until combined.
7. Add the flour mixture all at once and beat on slow speed until the flour has been incorporated. Do not over beat.
8. It is a soft and creamy dough.
9. Keep a plastic wrap ( cling wrap paper) on your table and transfer the cookie dough onto it and wrap it completely and freeze it for 2 hours or even over night to completely firm up. Shape the cookie dough into a log which is approximately a cuboid so when you cut them down you will have square shaped cookies. It will be ideal to make 2 logs out of this dough. Mine was too long to be a square, so my cookies are almost rectangle.
10.Just the top and sides are firm and cold, while the center was still soft, but I could salvage it with lot of endurance . You don’t have to do this. Wait for it to firm up completely.
11.Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Line up your baking tray with silicon mat, or butter paper. Cut the log using a sharp knife that is 1 cm thick each.
11. Carefully transfer them onto your prepared baking tray. Space them one inches apart.
12. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until the bottom edges are light brown and the top is golden brown. Cool on wire rack to come down to room temperature.
1,032 total views, 3 views today