Lavender almond cake is a rich flavoured cake which subtle flavours of both lavender and almond,this cake I have been made for this weeks task which has given by subhashini ,for this week she sent us few lavender seeds and i really loved the color and flavour of this cake and the glaze made cake more rich in taste,I really thankful to subhashini for this yummy cake.
- Unsalted butter – 115 gms
- Granulated white sugar – 1 cup, divided
- Eggs – 2
- Almond meal/Slivered almonds – 1/4 cup
- Dry lavender seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dairy fresh cream – 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry lavender seeds – a pinch
- Icing sugar – 1/2 cup
- water – 3 tablespoons
1. Butter and sprinkle sugar on a bundt/ring pan. You can use a regular round or a square cake tin as well. Pre-heat oven to 170 degree C.
2. Add 1/2 cup sugar, almond meal and lavender seeds into your food processor.
3. Process on medium for few seconds until all 3 have powdered well. Do not process for long.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
5. Add vinegar to freshcream in a bowl and keep aside.
6. Add butter into the bowl of your electric beater.
7. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until butter becomes soft and fluffy.
8. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar to the butter.
9. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture has become creamy, pale and fluffy.
10. Add the almond lavender mixture and beat just until combined on medium speed for about a minute.
11. Add the eggs one at a time beating for about a minute after the addition of each egg.
12. Add vanilla extract and beat for a minute until everything is combined together.
13. Add half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until it is combined. Do not over beat.
14. Add the cream mixture and again beat on low speed just until the cream has combined. Do not over beat.
15. Add the remaining portion of flour and beat just until combined. Do not over beat. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
16. Pour batter into the prepared pan and tap to release any air bubbles.
17. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degree C for 40 to 50 minutes, until the top is risen, soft to the touch and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
18. For the glaze: Boil lavender seeds with water for 5 minutes on low flame. Switch off and close with lid until the flavour seeps.
19. Filter the lavender seeds and add the flavoured water to icing sugar and make glaze. Adjust icing sugar or some hot water for proper pouring consistency.
20. Pour glaze over the cake and let it set for half an hour.
515 total views, 2 views today