I love to make always simple one pot meals and among all these love to have this delicious lemon rice which can make in a couple of minutes, yesterday I was in a very busy schedule due to my personal commitments and went for some shopping so dont have time to cook various dishes so made this quick lemon rice just cooked rice and get tempered and added lemon juice finally and served along with some curd and papad.
Cooked rice : 1 cup
lemon juice : 1 lemon
oil : 3 tbsp
chana dal : 1 tsp
urad dal : 1 tsp
peanuts : 1 tsp
curry leaves : 2 sprigs
hing : pinch
turmeric :1/4 tsp
red chillies : 3 to 4
green chillies : 3 to 4
salt : as per needed
- Wash and cook rice and separate rice into a wide bowl.
- Now take a pan add oil and lets get it heated ,add chana dal ,urad dal,peanuts and stir well until all gets light brown in color.
- Add curry leaves and jeera and let it stir well ,add red chillies and green chillies and finally add hing to oil and switch off the flame.
- Meanwhile add turmeric powder and salt to cooked rice and mix well .
- Add lemon juice and mix well . Now add temper to rice and mix gently.
- Serve this curd or eat it as plain with some papad.
227 total views, 0 views today