Idli is a must breakfast in every household in south India, who cant say no this steamed cakes which are rich in carbohydrates and proteins. We usually make at least twice in a week and kids love this breakfast with peanut chutney and sambar. This time I came up with this delicious and healthy oats idly. During night time I make oats upma for me and to my husband instead of rice and it tastes awesome with mixed veggies and some sprinkled lemon juice. Oats are rich in anti-oxidants and rich in fibre and it has amazing components to reduce cholesterol. We make different types of oats like lemon rice,bisebelebath , dosa which I have posted earlier. Yesterday I made oats idli thought to post on my blog.
Oats : 1/2 cup
rava : 1/2 cup
curd : 1 cup
baking powder/eno salt : 1 tsp
salt : as per needed
water : 1/2 cup
grated carrot : 2tbsp
Mustard seeds : 1/8 tsp
urad dal : 1tsp
chana dal : 1tsp
cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
oil : 2 tbsp
- Roast oats until raw smell disappear and blend into fine powder and keep aside.
- Now take a wide pan and add oats powder ,suji/rava and curd and mix well.
- Add baking powder and salt and mix with water and make sure no lumps are formed and keep aside for fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a pan and add oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add chana dal ,urad dal and pinch of turmeric and hing finally ,now switch off the flame and pour this mixture into oats mixture and mix well.
- Finally add grated carrots and mix well.
- Now grease the idly plates with oil and pour idly batter and steam for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes switch off the flame and when steam releases out serve idlies with peanut chutney or coconut chutney and with sambar.
342 total views, 0 views today