Sankranthi is just around the corner and we are making preparations for this festival already we have made some sweets and savories for this festival like ariselu and sakinalu which we make as a must sweet and savouries for Sankranthi and Pongal is a must having dish on festival so made this oats Pongal and this is a healthier option to be make. We can make this for breakfast also
Oats : 1 cup
moong dal : 1/2 cup
cumin seeds : 1 tsp
pepper corns : 1 tsp
curry leaves : 2 sprigs
hing/ asaefotodia : 1/8 tsp
ghee : 3 to 4 tsp
salt : as per needed
water : 2 cups
cashews : 1 tsp
- Heat a wok and roast oats slightly until the raw smell disappears and keep aside.
- Roast moong dal in the same pan and keep aside.
- Now take a pan and cook moong dal with one cup of water upto 3 to 4 whitsles. When dal gets cooked mash the dal and add roasted oats to the dal and cook for few minutes until oats get cooked.Add water if necessary I added one more cup of water to the oats mixture.
- Now heat a pan and add ghee when its heated add jeera,curry leaves ,pepper corns and turmeric and mix well . Finally add hing to the tempered mixture and add this to the pongal and mix gently.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and serve this with chutney and sambar .
1,130 total views, 12 views today