My elder daughter loves palak [spinach] and she loves to eat in any form whether in any form , I prefer to cook mostly this veggie with dal and dry dal also.Sookhi dal is mainly made in punjabi regions and we locally call it as podi pappu and we cook it with both toor dal and moon dal and it can be made plain also ,but adding leafy vegetables makes more healthy and tasty . It mainly served with rotis but steamed rice also goes well with it.It tastes best when you served it with steamed rice along with some garlic rasam.
Spinach : 250 gms
Toor dal : 1 cup
Onions : 1 finely chopped
Green chillies : 4 slit
curry leaves : 1 sprig
garam masla : 1tsp
turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
red chilli powder : 1 tsp
garlic cloves : 4 to 5
oil : 2 tbsp
cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Wash and finely chop spinach leaves and keep aside.
- Chop one onion and green chillies and keep aside.
- Cook toor dal in cooker until it gets halfcooked. Cook dal in 1:1 ratio in cooker for one whistle.
- Take a wide pan and heat oil and add cumin seeds add chopped onions ,green chillies, and saute well.
- When onions turn light brown in color add chopped spinach and cook well.
- Stir occassionally and add turmeric and salt and mix well.When spinach gets cooked add cooked toor dal and stir well .
- Add red chilli powder and mix well.When dal gets cooked add chopped garlic cloves and garam masala and switch off the flame.
8.Serve this sookhi dal with rotis or steamed rice.
442 total views, 6 views today