Red Velvet Brownie Layer
- All-purpose flour – 3 1/4 cups
- Granulated white sugar – 2 1/4 cups
- Cocoa powder – 3 tablespoons, sifted
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs – 3
- Flavorless Vegetable/cooking oil – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 tablespoons, divided,
- Vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
- Red food colouring – 1 tablespoon
- White vinegar – 2 teaspoons
Cream cheese layer
- Cream cheese – 360 gms
- Granulated white sugar – 3/4 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Line up your baking tray with silicon mat/butter paper and grease with oil.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder. Make a well in the center. Keep aside.
3. Add eggs in a bowl and whisk well.
4. On top of the beaten eggs, add oil, 2 tablespoons of milk, vanilla extract, red food colouring and vinegar.
5. Whisk well until the whole thing is combined well.
6. Pour the liquid mixture into the well of the dry mixture.
7. Mix gently using the spatula until everything combines together. It will be a thick, oily dough like consistency. That is what we are looking at. Do not panic.
8. Remove 3/4 cup of the batter and transfer to another bowl and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of milk into it.
9. Mix well using spatula until it combines to a smooth batter. Keep aside.
10. Transfer the thick brownie batter into the prepared baking tray and evenly spread out the batter and smooth the top.
11. Add cream cheese into the bowl of your electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until it becomes soft and fluffy
12. Add the sugar to cream cheese and beat on medium high speed for 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture becomes soft, pale and fluffy.
13. Add the eggs one by one and beat well after each egg. Now add vanilla and beat until combined.
14. Pour this cream cheese batter on top of the brownie batter. Spread out evenly across.
15. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the thinned down brownie batter that was kept aside, on top of the cream cheese layer. Make sure to leave some gap between every spoon of the red velvet batter.
16. Using a knife, make some nice swirly pattern on the cream cheese and thin brownie batter layer. Do not over do. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes until the top is not bubbly anymore and the sides have started to become golden brown.
17. Cool on wire rack.
18. Use heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them out and serve in a serving plate.
19. Finish up cutting hearts for the entire lot. Don’t worry the remaining scraps will be over in an hour.
424 total views, 3 views today