Cherries are flooded in the market and before the summer comes to the end thought to make an exotic ice cream with cherries and I used roasted cherries for this ice cream. This recipe is minimally adapted from Helene di juardin recipe roasted cherry ice cream buckweat sandwiches and I thought to make ice cream . My kids wont like much more cherries but i like to make something with the ingredient so made this ice cream ,you guys won’t believe but it tasted awesome and hubby liked icecream alot.
Recipe adapted from here :
Cherries : 3 cups
sugar : 2 tablespoons
Full cream milk : 1 1/4 cup
vanilla extract : 1/2 tsp
sugar : 1/2 cup
Heavy cream : 1 1/2 cup
- Bake the cherries for twenty minutes at 180c for twenty minutes . Stir for every five minutes and slowly pit the seeds and keep aside.
- Crush the cherries and keep aside you will love this color.
- Now take a sauce pan heat milk and cream and whisk well and add sugar.
- Add stablizers like gmc and cmc instead of egg yolks if using egg yolks use 4 egg yolks.
- Add vanilla essence and switch off the flame ,now keep this mixture in freezer until it gets cool. Now blend in icecream maker when it done mix roasted cherries and pour in airtight container or loaf pan and make swirls like marble and freeze for 8 hours or overnight and scoop out with an icecream scooper and enjoy it.
Notes : The original recipe has bourbon extract while roasting cherries in oven ,but i skipped bourbon
450 total views, 3 views today