Ulavacharu is a nutritious dish made in mostly telugu households ,it is a thick lentil soup made with horsegram . It is a thick soup which contains high amount of proteins and nutrients. Daily intake of these legumes reduces fatty belly and reduces cholestral .
This thick soup is made with blended lentils with a little bit of tamarind and it is thickly boiled to get rich thick consistency and it tastes great with a spoon of cream .
Horsegram : 1 cup
Tomato : 1 cut into quarter pieces
Onion : 1 thin slices
Tamarind : small lemon size
Oil : 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds : ½ tsp
Hing : pinch
- Soak horse gram overnight or 4 to 6 hours and pressure cook with 4 cups of water upto 10 whistles. Take the cooked water and strain and keep aside the lentil water.
- Take half of the quantity of lentils and grind into fine paste.
- Soak tamarind in water and chop onions and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Now take a wide vessel and add cooked legume water and mashed legume paste and add squeezed tamarind water .
- Add salt,chopped onions,tomato , red chilli powder and add curry leaves and coariander leaves and boil until it forms thick stew .
6.Now take a small pan and add oil and add mustard seeds,cumin seeds and add pinch of hing. Pour this tempered oil to the lentil pulusu.
159 total views, 0 views today