Undrallu is a traditional festival recipe made to lord Ganesha during Ganesh Chaturthi, these steamed dumplings are made with rice rava and chana dal . My mom used to be make this savoury steamed dumpling as a must to lord ganesha and offer as a prasad and this is my favourite snack item and i really love to eat along with allam chutney(ginger).
Rice rava : 1 cup
water : 3 cups
chana dal : 2 tbsp
ghee/ oil : 2 tsp
salt to taste
1.Soak chana dal in water for thirty minutes. After thirty minutes drain water and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee and add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add soaked chana dal and fry for a minute.
4. Add water and let it boil for few minutes ,add rice rava and salt to it and mix well. Turn off the flame and leave it for few minutes to cool.
5. Grease your hands and take a small portion of dough and shape into round balls and staem in a steamer for ten minutes.
6. Offer this undrallu to lord as prasad.
330 total views, 3 views today